TPDb Turns One!
Posted: August 1, 2020
We're super excited to share this moment with you! The Poster Database officially turns one! Well...we're a little early. TPDb's actual birthday is August 2, 2019 but we were sooo excited and just had to share it with you all!
In such a short time TPDb has grown into something amazing where poster designers from all around the world have been able to work together and share their love for digital posters. With just shy of 16 thousand users and almost passing 80 thousand posters uploaded to date, this is just the beginning! You, the community and user has been absolutely amazing in helping TPDb get to where it is today and we couldn't have done it without you! And for that, we thank you and really appreciate it! We've accomplished so much over the past year and here's just a few things to highlight
- August 2, 2019 – officially released TPDb into the wild for all to explore
- Added the ability to quickly see how many posters are in a set without the need to visit the poster page
- Added a recycle bin to easily correct a mistaken deletion
- Introduced a change log directly on the site allowing everyone to see how TPDb has evolved over time
- Added a feed for all users to see posters from users they follow creating a curated experience
- Expanded support for media items to include categories, companies, and people
- Added filters across various pages allowing users to get to the content they're looking for
- Added poster requests allowing any user request anything from across the site in one central location
- The addition of notifications allow users to get updated information as different events unfolded across the site
- TPDb Pro - allowing user to unlock some really cool features and abilities across the site (check out our announcement here or the plans page for more information)
- Verified users - a program setup working with various people or companies in the field of media or posters (production companies, poster designers, tv networks and movie studios, and much more)
- Ohh...we can't forget the amazing Reddit hug of death in January 2020
Those are just a few of the bigger mentions from the past year! We've accomplished so much in just the past year and we can't wait to see what the next year has in store! Again, we, the TPDb team, are very thankful for the overall feedback and support over this time. We love hearing from you all and thank you for helping shape TPDb into something truly amazing! As a token of appreciation, and in celebration of our first birthday, we'd like to offer a discount on a TPDb Pro subscription! Please use the following coupon and enjoy 50% on us!
TPDbTurns1 (offer expires Monday, August 3, 2020 @ 23:59 EST)
TPDbTurnsOne (offer expires Tuesday, August 11, 2020 @ 23:59 EST)
With this birthday, we've also been hard at work adding some cool new features! Updated gifts menu, upload bundles, and even PayPal support! Finally!
TPDb Pro users have the ability to gift upload slots to any user across the site. So, if you don't plan on using your upload limit, feel free to gift them to other users and help them out! Besides that, any user has the ability to purchase and gift an upload bundle for any user!
Bundles are a new addition to the site allowing any user to boost their abilities on the site. Currently, we only have an upload bundle available where users can boost their upload slots. This is just the start too; more and more bundles will be added with various different options allowing users to have even greater abilities over TPDb.
Lastly, we'd like to announce the support for PayPal while making a purchase for a gift, bundle, or subscription! After listening to some feedback from various users around the world, we found the credit cards aren't all that common…that is outside of North America. Starting today, we'd like to offer users without a credit card a way to participate in TPDb Pro through PayPal unlocking their full potential!