Frequently Asked Questions as of June 05, 2020
Can Anyone upload a Poster?
Yes! Once you have successfully signed up and verified your account, you are able to upload a poster provided you follow the Rules and Guidelines and also check out the steps below on how to Upload a Poster.
How Do I Upload a Poster?
With the nature of the site, authenticated users must first search for the item that they would like to upload. Below are the steps that a user can take to upload a poster
- Search for an item that they would like to upload (either using the search or upload icon in the navigation bar) or even use the upload button found across most/all pages on the site
- After clicking on the upload button, you will be directed to the respective upload page
- We ask that you please follow the Poster and Uploading rules and guidelines above
- After you're all set, you can press the upload button and wait for the upload to finish
- Once the upload has finished, you will be directed to the respective poster or set page upon success
I Thought All Images Are High Quality?
You may notice while browsing the site that not all posters seem "high quality". This is because, when images are uploaded to the site, an optimized version is made in parallel to help save costs and also bring speedier performance to page loading times. With that, when you download an image, copy the poster link, or click to expand the poster on the individual poster page, we can assure you that you're getting the raw uploaded image and not the optimized version.
How Can I Perform a Strict Search?
By default, the search that is performed on the site is very general. As time goes on, search will be improved to handle more advanced searches. For now search is sorted by name and then a respective date, when possible. If you're looking to perform a strict search, you can start a search with the following character (^). Some examples are as follows
- ^Joy - returns items that strictly start with Joy
- ^Joy & Joan - returns items that strictly start with Joy & Joan (this is also a great way to strictly search for titles)
What is an Official Account?
Official accounts are reserved for users that work directly in a related poster field. Below is a list of accounts that would qualify to be considered Official. The Poster Database works directly with these users to have their items displayed across the site in a professional manner. If you fit the criteria for an Official user, please follow the steps listed below to request your account be made Official. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us here, [email protected].
- Poster Designers
- Production Companies
- TV Networks and Movie Studios
Official accounts aren't subject to the same rules that typical users are. The aren't required to add upload or edit notes, also, they don't have restrictions on file dimensions and size. However, the optimized images that you see across the site may look the same. If you'd like to know the difference between an official posters size, on the individual poster page you can instantly view the dimensions of that poster.
How Can I Request to Have Official Account Status?
After qualifying for an Official account, we ask that you please fill out this form that will include the following questions as it will help us further verify your request
- The Poster Database Username (already known - don't have to input)
- Full Name
- Related Field (as listed above)
- Two or more website links
- Summary of why account should be considered Official
Does The Poster Database Offer a Refund?
Yes, TPDb will automatically refund any subscription cancelled within 14 days of making your first payment of Subscription Services, provided that you have not used your Subscription Services during such 14 day period. If entitled, the refund will be credited to your account within 5 - 10 business days of the request. Refunds however, do not apply to bundle purchases. If you have any questions, please contact us via email.
Do you have a question you'd like answered or even appear here? Feel free to reach out to the team here [email protected] and will get back to you as soon as possible!