Effective Date: March 4, 2020
Last Modified: March 4, 2020
Information You Provide: TPDb collects information that you provide to TPDb, such as when you create or update a TPDb account. TPDb also collects information created when you use TPDb to analyze how you use the Site, to improve the Site’s functionality, or to serve you with advertisements that may interest you. This may include:
- Personal Information: Name, email, country, or other information that that you submit to TPDb on a voluntary basis and can be used to contact or identify you. It is important for this information to be up to date and accurate. Users can update or make changes to their personal information manually.
- Account information. To create an account, you must provide a username and password. Your username is public, and it doesn’t have to be related to your real name. You may also provide an email address. We also store your user account preferences and settings.
- Log and Usage Data: We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, device information, user-agent string, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information, the pages of our Site that you visit, links clicked, search terms, the referrer website, your operating system, the domain name and the address of your internet access provider, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, TPDb may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Site’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
- Non-Identifying Information/ Usernames: Usernames, demographic data, preferences and settings that you enable for your account, and information that you submit when you contact TPDb. Usernames are made public through the Site and are viewable by other Users.
- Content you submit. We collect the content you submit to the Site (the “User Content”). This includes your posts and comments including saved drafts, your messages with other users (e.g., private messages and chats) and your reports and other communications with Moderators and with us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
- Information Related to Use of the Site. We collect information about how Users use the Site, including those with an account. This type of information may be collected in our log files each time you interact with (i.e., make a request to) the Site. We use internal tools and third party applications and services (like Google Analytics or comScore) to collect and analyze this information.
- Location Information. In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP Address into a rough geolocation. We may also ask you to provide information about your location, for example to use your geolocation information from your mobile device to geotag a post. We may use location information to improve and personalize the Site for you, for example by showing you relevant local content.
- Cookies: A “cookie” is a small data file that TPDb transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies may be used by TPDb to authenticate Users; remember User settings; determine effectiveness of advertising campaigns; and analyze site traffic and general trends to under online behaviour and interests of Users. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you choose to disable the cookies, it may limit your use of certain features or functionality of the services.
TPDb does not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 and we do not want it. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
No part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at [email protected].
Use of Information
TPDb collects and uses information:
- To improve and enable reliable services. This includes, for example, using information to create and update a User account, verify Users’ identity; enable you to personalize your profile (including bookmarking your favourite Users or User Content); perform internal operations such as diagnose problems and troubleshoot software, conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and analyze usage and activity trends.
- To enhance safety, integrity, and security of the Users and Site. This includes, for example, screening Users prior to enabling their use of the Site; using device location, profile, usage, and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities, which in some cases can include using information from third parties; protect the personal safety of other Users; and to protect and defend the rights or property of TPDb.
- To assist with User support services. This includes, for example, investigate and address Users’ concerns.
- For research, testing analysis, and development. This allows TPDb to enhance the safety and security of the Site; to analyze trends related to the Site; and develop new features and products
- In connection with legal proceedings. TPDb may use collected information to investigate or address claims or disputes related to Users’ use of TPDb, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, governmental entities, and official inquiries. In these cases, TPDb will make reasonable efforts to not disclose more than is necessary and provide notice of disclosure as practicable.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We may share your personal information:
- with our third-party vendors and service providers;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- with other Users, if you so direct;
- to protect and defend our rights and property (as permitted by applicable law); and
- with your consent.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; by law, regulation, a court, a warrant, subpoena, or other lawful request or demand by a governmental or law enforcement authority; respond to your requests; or protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Illegal Activities. TPDb may share information if TPDb, in its sole judgment, believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take acting regarding illegal activities, including breach of confidentiality, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, misuse of Site or violation of Terms of Service, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or is otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
- With Consent. TPDb may share information if TPDb obtains your express consent (or, where permitted by applicable law, your implied consent) to share such information.
- Information Shared with Our Agents: In some cases, we share information that we store (such as IP Addresses) with third parties, such as service providers, consultants, and other agents ("Agents"), for the purposes of operating, enhancing, and improving the Site, and developing new functionality. For example, we may share information with service providers in order to fight spam, and third-party consultants may have access to information in the process of improving our processes and technology. Agents with whom we share such information for these reasons are generally bound by confidentiality obligations.
- Information Shared with Other Third Parties: We may share or disclose non-private information, aggregate information, or other non-personally identifying information with people and entities that we do business with.
Your general use of the Site, including without limitation any use or viewing of another User’s page, or interactive tools, may be included in an anonymized fashion in aggregate reports. The purpose of such aggregate reports is to allow TPDb to better understand how the Site is used for marketing and development purposes. Such aggregate information is also provided for a fee to certain third party service providers to allow them to better understand market and interest in related services and products.
TPDb does not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of such sharing.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. Should a security system’s breach arise, TPDb will notify you any applicable regulator if we are legally required to do so.
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe
Your privacy is important to us and we allow you to opt-out of receiving our promotional content. Users may opt-out of receiving email communications from TPDb by contacting us here:
Email: [email protected]
Please not that if you opt-out, TPDb may still send you non-promotional messages related to your use of the Site, such as information about your account.
ACCESS, DELETE, OR UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS
Changes to this Policy
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
The Poster Database Inc.