Rules and Guidelines as of March 16, 2022
The Poster Database wants to encourage a high quality, friendly, and professional platform. This can only happen when everyone cooperates and commits to appropriate standards of behavior alongside the Terms of Service.
The following is a categorized list of behaviors that users and/or visitors should follow when operating the platform. Any user found to break, or not follow, the following behaviors will be subject to appropriate actions.
Reports are more than for just "bad items". There are various kinds of reports that help users, moderators, and administrators notice items that others don't. There are currently two items that authenticated and visiting users can report - Posters and Users. The Poster Database strives to be transparent as possible with reports and we're constantly improving our reporting infrastructure. With poster reports, reporters, poster owners, administrators, and moderators are the only ones that can comment and handle the respective poster report. Posters will be handled with a report first nature, unless otherwise stated below under the Uploads section. Poster reports, unless a serious offence or corrected by the poster owner prior to a moderator or administrator comments, will be subject to a minimum time limit of 14 days before being further handled. If a comment is provided asking for an extension in the 14-day span, it will be offered upon approval from an administrator or moderator.
When uploading posters to the site, we ask that all users properly and accurately tag uploads where appropriate. The Poster Database takes credit seriously and we hope you do too. Uploads found or reported to be breaking the following rules or a copyright infringement may be subject to removal before consulting with the poster owner. The Poster Database fully complies with copyright reports and will be handled accordingly.
- When uploading a poster using assets and/or items found online, proper attribution for those assets and/or items must be acquired prior to making the upload
- If you have acquired valid attribution, we ask that you provide a comment in the notes section when uploading
- If a poster doesn't include any text, unless part of the design (not including the media title), it must be tagged as being Textless
- If the uploaded poster(s) are in a different language, we ask that you select the language that is appropriate
- Notes are a vital part to every upload; we ask that you follow the placeholder for that input section - provide credit where credit is due and feel free to talk about the poster
- Posters must not be blindly uploaded from online sources, including The Poster Database, without prior consent, differentiation, and credit
- If a poster is designed for a variation of media (Directors Cut, Extended Cut, etc..), we ask that you select the appropriate variation when making an upload
- Posters must not portray any hatred or defamation towards any person, place, or company
- Posters must not be in the form of a spam/junk/prank post
We envision having a high-quality poster platform and hope you share the same vision. With that, we ask that you verify each poster before uploading to comply with the following item. Please ensure that uploaded posters adhere to the following rules, or otherwise subject to a report.
- Doesn't include visible artifacts
- Corrupt pixels
- Smudged details
- Stretching and/or shrinking
- Image assets should be clear and legible
- We understand that assets for older media may not perfectly fit this rule and ask that the best possible version of the asset be used
- Visual shape used to block poster elements
- Doesn't include spelling errors
- Isn't a collage poster
- Isn't an adult/NSFW poster
- Currently, there is zero tolerance for nudity across the site as there aren't any safeguards against media of this nature. Especially when the site is accessible to anyone across the internet
- Doesn't include any banners or corner details, and isn't platform or quality specific
- Quality - 4K/DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray/3D/HEVC/VHS/Betamax/etc...
- Platform - Plex, Emby, Jellyfin, Kodi
Poster uploads must also comply with the following guidelines (can also be found on the upload/edit pages)
|File Format||JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg)|
|1000 x 1500|
|Maximum Dimensions |
|2000 x 3000 (Free)|
3000 x 4500 (Pro Lite)
4000 X 6000 (Pro)
|Maximum File Size||5MB Per File (Free)|
10MB Per File (Pro Lite)
20MB Per File (Pro)
User profiles are designed to help users express themselves in multiple ways. On a free plan of TPDb, users are limited to only selecting a profile and banner from our provided options, while on a TPDb Pro plan (Pro Lite and Pro), you have the option to share links to supported social media platforms or even upload your own custom avatar and/or banner! Social accounts are only shared when the required information has been saved under account settings. None of the previously mentioned items are required and fully up to you. We ask that you only share social links if that is your desire, and that avatars and banners comply with the following image suggestions
|Avatars Suggestions||Banners Suggestions|
|File Format||JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg)|
|JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg)|
|500 x 500||1920 x 1080|
|Maximum File Size||10MB Per File||10MB Per File|